Getting to know you...

Perhaps the most important thing a new principal can do in his first month on the job is to meet people in the school community. Conveniently, our school is full of people, even in June and July. Whether they have been at school for a camp, to work, to change a schedule, or to discuss an internship, the people in our school have kept it abuzz throughout summer break. However, I could not rely exclusively on these chance meetings to acquaint myself with our entire community. So, I invited our teachers to join me individually. In doing so, I hoped to learn more about the people who comprise our school, and I learned some really interesting stuff:

*Mr. Buchheit is going to perform the complete works of Shakespeare abridged the weekend before school begins.

*Mr. Stevison comes from a family of educators.

*Mrs. Marquart (formerly Ms. Volkman) has a photography studio of her own and has 23 weddings coming up!

*Mrs. Addison also has a degree in photojournalism.

*Mr. Bitzer produced the McDonald's commercial set near the railroad tracks.

*Mr. Noelker is vigorously reading the "Game of Thrones" series, which I love.

*Mrs. Russell writes for Celebration magazine.

...and this list could really go on and on. We not only have a staff that is passionate about their profession, we have a staff that is talented in more ways than one. I cannot wait to get to know our students, our parents, and the rest of our staff in the same way. I am thrilled to be part of such an amazing community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Culture, One "Pin" at a Time

Leaving "The Rope" on the Ground is Easy with Powerful Practice

Pro-Life Allows 600,000 to become 1 Team