Proud to be a Borgia Parent

Today I had the chance to enroll my daughter in school for next year. She will be a sophomore, and she is just as excited to be part of the Borgia community as I am. 

As I sat across from Mr. Wunderlich as he discussed class options with my daughter, identifying her needs and preferences, I realized how nice it will be to experience Borgia from "both sides of the desk." A big part of my job is knowing what is going on in our building and how we handle students' academic needs. While I can learn quite a bit about this by being observant, I am going to accelerate my knowledge of the way we do things by experiencing them as a parent. After watching Mr. Wunderlich work, it is clear to me that we have a counseling staff that seeks to truly know our students. I would have likely learned this working with our counselors this year, but now I already have a good taste of what they do, as well as what they want to do to enhance the experience of our students.

After enrolling today, my daughter jumped right into the Borgia community by joining the Marching Band's Color Guard for its first summer workout. Having been a member of another marching band last year, my daughter was understandably nervous to start anew. However, again, she was welcomed by a coach who was very cognizant of her needs. Mrs. Welch, our Guard coach, introduced her to her new teammates and communicated with her several times prior to this practice to make sure she knew what to expect and how to prepare herself. Tonight, they are working on their "school song" routine, and I can't wait to see my daughter performing that school song at football games in the fall!

I hope that each of our parents has the same great experience I have had today on a regular basis. Having been told that we had a knowledgable and caring staff, it was exciting to experience it first-hand.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Culture, One "Pin" at a Time

Leaving "The Rope" on the Ground is Easy with Powerful Practice

Pro-Life Allows 600,000 to become 1 Team