New Year's Resolutions

Borgia Family,
October, November, and December were busy months at Borgia. So many great things happened! We won a State Championship, welcomed an ACT speaker, invented something called "The First Lap," began have Eucaristic Adoration on the first Thursday AND Friday of the month, and we sent our band to Florida. With so much going on at school, I did not take the time to write. However, in 2014, that's going to change! One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to write in this blog, once each week, to let you know the great things going on at Borgia.

Along those lines, I would like to share some other New Year's resolutiuons for me and my work with Borgia in 2014:

1. Establish a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) curriculum that puts our students (interested in pursuing these fields) ahead of their peers from other schools.

2. Grow the Borgia and Beyond continuous improvement initiative to include more people contributing to big decisions for Borgia.

3. The Parent newsletter should come out on Thursday of each week (or before) without exception. I failed to get consistent with that in 2013, just as I failed to get consistent with this blog!

4. Grow the number of AP (Advanced Placement) courses we offer, and the number of students who take those courses.

5. Offer a true app creation and development class.

Without letting my list get too long, these are just some of the things on my mind as we begin 2014.

As we wrap up this extended holiday break with our second snow day, I cannot help but feel blessed. The Borgia community is amazing and the teachers and staff I work with are already doing great things to help our students succeed. It's comforting to know that I have that to come back to so I can enjoy some real quality time with my family. The past two weeks have given me ample opportunity to play games with my kids and spend time with my wife. I took one son to see "Elf" at the Fox and another son to see the Blues play. I took my youngest daughter to see "Frozen" and had a one on one dinnner with my oldest daughter. For myself, I learned to swim again! Once a college swimmer, I had not been swimming enough to truly be in shape. However, I swam a workout 13 of the 16 break days. I am in shape but rested and ready to attack my New Year's resolutions.

God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Build Culture, One "Pin" at a Time

Leaving "The Rope" on the Ground is Easy with Powerful Practice

Pro-Life Allows 600,000 to become 1 Team